Que pensez vous du dernier Buck Danny "Sabotage au Texa

Forum sur les aventures de Buck Danny et de ses coéquipiers J. Tumbler et S. Tuckson
Buck Danny sur Aeroplanete
Thierry

Message par Thierry »

Dans Tanguy & Laverdure, Pirate du ciel, ils utilisent tactiquement de vieux Spit (en Afrique) pour contrer des Mustang, abandonnant un instant leur Mirage.
L'idée était géniale et cet épisode, très rafraîchissant (car et pourtant situé en ex-Afrique française), un de mes préférés.
Thierry
PolluxDeltaSeven

Message par PolluxDeltaSeven »

ouais je pensais plus a un truc de ce genre.
Et c'est vrai que c'étais un bon album!!
"A 11h, Père!! à 11h !!!" (Indy) "Quesquil se passe à 11h??" (Henry) "10h, 11h, 12h!! à 11h ! Feu!!" (Indy)
Robert

Buck Danny tome 50: scènario très, très mauvais!

Message par Robert »

L'Amiral a écrit :I Agree with Sonny (or Froggy?).
The drawing is pure poetry, all right, but the text is, at best, a weak one. Then the idea to paint the US Government as an masochist destroing its own prototypes and, maybe, killing a pilot in service (not forgetting to try to murder the unfortunate sabouter by a couple of damned Amerikans CIA agents with dark glasses...).
If the purpose was an editorial and commerical one to rally with the actual European political tendences towards USA saving a typical star and stripes character like Buck Danny product, giving him an alternative posture in front of his government and paymaster well, that was not a great idea, I think.
Your opinion folks?
I agree for the full 100% :!:
L'Amiral

Message par L'Amiral »

Merci Robert.
One of the reason for the charme of Buck Danny comics was thair American flavour for us, boys of the county (province) in the Sixties.
The details, like the cars, so big, the Lucky Strike cigarettes by Tumbler ect. were the paper version of that other word, so different from our one, we saw in the movies.
As a matter of fact these stories were the consequence of the great impact the American way of life had in Europe just after the Second World War, when everuthing coming from North America seemed richer, stronger and much projected toward the future than the quite ruined, old European word, beginning from the zincs, of course, perhaps the greatest sign of the progress, with their speed and the many revolutions (from the propeller to the jet) they had in such a short time.
Ther's very much of the old USIS (United States Information Service, an US Government propaganda agency active in Europe until late Sixties, in the BD comics of these days and later, maybe until Ghost Queen, then the cultural scenario changed, folowing the times and the new generations.

Bye EC
cécile
Localisation : En vol dans un mirage 2000 avec Michel Tanguy aux commandes...

Message par cécile »

Vive la BD franco-belge !!!
May the force be with you
Mon blog : http://cecilouette.blogspot.com
Mon forum sur l'Ecosse : http://passion-ecosse.boardonly.com/index.htm
L'Amiral

Message par L'Amiral »

Buvons un coup; buvons-en deux
a la santé des courageux (bis)
a la santé des gars de France
et zut pour le Roi d'Angleterre
qui nous a déclaré la guerre!

EC
Ciàpla adàsi, stà léger
Robert

BD franco-belge <=> BD du Monde

Message par Robert »

cécile a écrit :Vive la BD franco-belge !!!
:arrow: Viva les BD du monde, avec très bon scènarios et très bon dessins :idea:

Je n'aime pas "tunnel-vieuw" :idea: :!: :!:

Et, pour Cécile, voir http://www.bdparadisio.com/exphubin.htm
de Robert :wink:
Dernière modification par Robert le dimanche 17 avril 2005, 14:57, modifié 2 fois.
Robert

Buck Danny: scènario's de Bergèse

Message par Robert »

L'Amiral a écrit :Merci Robert.
One of the reason for the charme of Buck Danny comics was thair American flavour for us, boys of the county (province) in the Sixties.
The details, like the cars, so big, the Lucky Strike cigarettes by Tumbler ect. were the paper version of that other word, so different from our one, we saw in the movies.
As a matter of fact these stories were the consequence of the great impact the American way of life had in Europe just after the Second World War, when everuthing coming from North America seemed richer, stronger and much projected toward the future than the quite ruined, old European word, beginning from the zincs, of course, perhaps the greatest sign of the progress, with their speed and the many revolutions (from the propeller to the jet) they had in such a short time.
Ther's very much of the old USIS (United States Information Service, an US Government propaganda agency active in Europe until late Sixties, in the BD comics of these days and later, maybe until Ghost Queen, then the cultural scenario changed, folowing the times and the new generations.

Bye EC
Hi l'Amiral,
I allways liked the Milton Caniff inspired scenario's of J.-M. Charlier and drawings of Vic Hubinon. :!: :D
But, especially since album 50, I have troubles with the scenario's of Bergèse. In some other topics I was allready complaining about the more -too- often appearance of famme-fatale Lady-X; 7 times in 10 albums de Bergèse.
I now say, kill that woman Buck, or let she defenitely die in an airplaine-crash: "Sabotage au Lady-X"(scènario de Robert) :!: :idea:

A change in the cultural scenario is not a problem to me; I am happy with the appearance of Cindy, and the other principal characters could also fall in love; some romantic in this comic is not wrong (See ARIZONA LOVE de Blueberry, from Charlier/ Giraud). Put some more real live in this nice comic (BD); after 50 albums we may expect some more flexiblity with the scenario/personnages... :idea:
The Americam way of live, as seen in the Buck Danny albums is OK to me, we should only take the positive parts out of it; do'nt forget, until WO-2, Europe was asleep, the real "old-Europe" :lol: We now should find a balance/a mix, only take the benefits.

What you say....
L'Amiral

Message par L'Amiral »

Hello Robert,

my interest in this debate (not in the forum, of course) is the cultural development of the scenarios.
We both agree things changed from Hubinon to Bergese. Perhaps a pure good against evil theme, like in the previous Buck Danny episodes until n. 40, is no more possible (but it seems, judging by the answers in this forum, the public would appreciate it like before; it would be interesting to discover the age of the people who answered in this way. Personnaly I was born in 1960).

About the Lady X quite often presence I think it's a little boring in the long run. What about a forced alliance of the two aces against a common menace, maybe a Chinese one? Of course our beloved Lady (Oh how I miss the original blonde version, the actual one seems, at best, a manager of a dept. store) would have something really important to perform such an enterprise without betraying her provisional ally.
What could be so important for her? Her life and only that, of course, as anything else would be dropped at sea (except, of course, a child. Cindy would be an ideal candidate. The Lady looked for her in Bosnia and spared her life in Peru. Or she is getting old or ther's something behind it).

Your opinion Pal?

EC
Ciàpla adàsi, stà léger
Robert

Bergese, Hubinon, Caniff, etc.

Message par Robert »

L'Amiral a écrit :Hello Robert,

my interest in this debate (not in the forum, of course) is the cultural development of the scenarios.
We both agree things changed from Hubinon to Bergese. Perhaps a pure good against evil theme, like in the previous Buck Danny episodes until n. 40, is no more possible (but it seems, judging by the answers in this forum, the public would appreciate it like before; it would be interesting to discover the age of the people who answered in this way. Personnaly I was born in 1960).

About the Lady X quite often presence I think it's a little boring in the long run. What about a forced alliance of the two aces against a common menace, maybe a Chinese one? Of course our beloved Lady (Oh how I miss the original blonde version, the actual one seems, at best, a manager of a dept. store) would have something really important to perform such an enterprise without betraying her provisional ally.
What could be so important for her? Her life and only that, of course, as anything else would be dropped at sea (except, of course, a child. Cindy would be an ideal candidate. The Lady looked for her in Bosnia and spared her life in Peru. Or she is getting old or ther's something behind it).

Your opinion Pal?

EC

Hi again l'Amiral,

I'am allready busy with a Forum-presentation, but I have to translate it into 2 languages (French and English). I 'am from the Netherlands, you see, near the German boarder and near the river Rhine. My age is 52, and my first contact with B. Danny was in 1960 (when you were born, hi!); it were the 2 last pages in "Spirou" from "Flying Tigers against Pirates"...

In the beginning I was happy with Bergèse, but some albums later, I do not see any significant development, regarding scènarios and drawings. Bergèse prefers to draw earoplanes, but a strip/comic is more. And... almost every album has a visit of Lady X (who also has a hairdresser now, I prefer blond....).
Buck Danny seems to have a strong team (Danny, Sonny, Jerry and Cindy) , but they are not able to defenately stop Lady X, that seems to be "a Mission Impossible". :!: :o
I prefer other, new (lady) thugs, instead of femme-fatale Lady X. She has 17 appearances in 51 albums , that 1/3 :!: :evil:
Cindy was introduced in album 46, so introducing other criminal persons ore new problems with Slim Holden, could also be possible.

I also like the first 40 albums, and especially the WO-2 albums.
I am happy now with Internet: I found that both the drawings and scenario's of Charlier/ Hubinon, are related to the excellent criations of Milton Caniff: col. Steve Canyon (A.A. F.) for instance. So, reading Steve Canyon is like starting after album 40 of B. Danny. :!: :D :idea:

To be continued.
Regards,
Robert

PS
1. See also some nice pictures and advises for the Buck Danny scenario at the othe Topic here (page 9):
http://www.aeroplanete.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93
Dernière modification par Robert le mercredi 20 avril 2005, 0:50, modifié 2 fois.
L'Amiral

Message par L'Amiral »

Salut Robert,

I had the chance to speak twice with Hugo Pratt, the Italian comic author (and quite a poet) who created Corto Maltese and many other great characters.
He begun to appreciate the comic art throught the stripes on the newspapers for the G.I. in Europe just after the war and Milton Caniff had the greatest impact with him, Dino Battaglia and a his generation. They were even able, as a group, to create a magazine (L'Asso di Picche) and a strip "Junglemen" which owed very Much at that American author.
It would seems that for Charlier and Hubinon it was quite the same.
The 1945-1946 period, so, is confirmed as a shock for the European BD.
We could even say that Buck Danny is the best and still more in line product of that U corner of the strips on the old continent.

Does this BD need to change so much like now? Or was Sabotage in texas simply a stone on the road and not a milestone on the path to glory of Col. B. Danny?

About our beloved Lady X why not an album with an history all for her? Rex Stout did the same with a novel (and a sound one) all dedicated to Inspector Cramer, the rival of Nero Wolfe, in Scarlet wires.

Bye EC
Ciàpla adàsi, stà léger
laurent

Message par laurent »

Bon, on va vous laisser. Vous n'oubliez pas d'éteindre la lumière en partant. :wink:
cécile
Localisation : En vol dans un mirage 2000 avec Michel Tanguy aux commandes...

Message par cécile »

et la prochaine fois utiliser les mp... ça fonctionne très bien !!!
May the force be with you
Mon blog : http://cecilouette.blogspot.com
Mon forum sur l'Ecosse : http://passion-ecosse.boardonly.com/index.htm
Robert

Buck Danny, lady X

Message par Robert »

laurent a écrit :Bon, on va vous laisser. Vous n'oubliez pas d'éteindre la lumière en partant. :wink:
Hi,

ou, d'éteindre la lumière en partant ....Lady X :idea: :wink:
Sony Tuckson

Message par Sony Tuckson »

:D

ben je trouve tout ceci fort intéressant et éducatif....
Jeepee
Répondre